Tuesday 20 January 2015

Identifying your taste in music and why is the pop music so repetitive

I came to a realisation today. I honestly don’t remember the last time I have searched for a song name on the search engine. It’s amazing how you can just use the app and identify the song in merely few seconds. Of course I’m talking about Shazam(as I’m aware there are several alternatives, like SoundHound for example). Sometimes all you need is a couple of sounds and you already know that you like that particular tune. Imagine how it was when you couldn’t use the app, or search for it in Google.


What is kinda funny though it’s that apparently Shazam became available in 2002! Stanford graduate named Wang created software that could actually distinguish music from all the other background noises by turning it to data. A different purpose that Shazam apparently is used for is recognizing the future hits, what songs will catch on. A pretty handy tool for music executives, I would say!
This video explains it all:



You can find the whole article on Shazam and identifying the people's taste in music here:


Today I’m willing to share with you some of the tunes that I “shazamed” while watching a TV series or hearing them on the radio or somewhere. Hope you enjoy it!

Tom Odell- Can’t Pretend

John Gold- Vampire's Kiss

The Antlers- Kettering



The Naked And Famous- Girls Like You


No comments:

Post a Comment