Wednesday 4 February 2015

Oscar nominations guys!(okay, we know the nominees for some time now) but... In only 18 days we will know the winners!

The highest possible award as an actor, producer, director or basically anyone involved in film industry is to receive an Oscar for your work. And because we are so involved in entertainment world (film, stars, celebrities), everybody is awaiting the night in February when you can finally find out who has won.

Obviously, part of the fun is making your predictions and rooting for the films you enjoyed. It kinda seems as if the film you liked receives the award, they are recognising your taste as well. You feel this particular satisfaction when you watch most of the films and you can make an informed bet which one you believe should win or when on social occasion you say that you have watched that particular picture and can recommend it or deem it not as amazing as others say.

This year I’m rather behind with my Oscar films-viewing schedule that I impose on myself. Basically, some of these pictures are just being released in the cinemas, and I don’t want to watch them on the screen of my laptop in a poor version from the Internet.

Anyways, I can and will list the ones that I feel eager to see and cheer for at the award ceremony. Of course “American Sniper”, a new Clint Eastwood film with Bradley Cooper as a leading man. The plot is about (surprise!) an American sniper dealing with high level of stress (probably a PTSD). Eastwood’s specific style of directing is well-liked by the Academy, so it definitely has a chance of grabbing the award.

Here you have a trailer:


Other film that I definitely want to see is “Theory of Everything” with Eddie Redmayne in the leading role. The semi-biographical picture tells the story about the life of Stephen Hawking, a brilliant astrophysicist who suffers from ALS. We cannot forget about Felicity Jones as his wife:) Both actors have been nominated for their performance and I would say they might get it.

Here you have the trailer:



To be continued tomorrow with few other titles that I will recommend/root for at the awards ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment